Preschool Story Hour
Tuesdays at 10am
Nov. 12-Dec. 17
This free weekly program lasts 30-45 minutes and includes stories, songs, crafts, and fun in a relaxed setting. Adult caregivers are encouraged to stay and participate. This program is designed for children ages 3-5 and their caregivers. It uses the Every Child Ready to Read framework which incorporates simple practices, based on research, to help parents and other caregivers develop early literacy skills in children from birth to age five.
Great Links for Children
Web sites just for all our younger library users. Helpful sites to help you with school and learning or to just have some fun while learning.
- The Story Home – original and classic children’s audio stories for free.
- Discovery Education Homework Help – Math
- Discovery Education Homework Help – Science
- Discovery Education Homework Help – English
- Discovery Education Homework Help – Social Studies
- Math is Fun – Examples for how to do basic math using text and diagrams.
- Earth Rangers – learn about conservation
- KidsThinkDesign– tools to get young designers going on projects of their own.
- Story Place
Listen to on-line stories.
- National Gallery of Art for Kids – Explore stories in art, take a post card tour of one of the galleries, get directions for art activities and projects
- Time Magazine for Kids
- Funbrain – Educational Activities and Games
- The Old Farmer’s Almanac for Kids
- Fred Rogers Center
- Generation On