The mission of the Coudersport Public Library is to improve the community’s quality of life by providing equal access to books and other materials of popular interest and permanent value for the informational and recreational needs of all ages. Through programs and services, we encourage reading, research, and information literacy for patrons of all ages.
The Coudersport Public Library is a member of the Potter-Tioga Library System, the largest library system in Pennsylvania, which serves the residents of Potter and Tioga Counties in an area of 2,215 square miles.
- Adult Cardholder Requirements
In order to get a library card as an adult borrower, you must
o Be 18 years of age
o Present ID, such as a drivers’ license, school or government issued ID or passport, or a piece of mail postmarked in the last two weeks which you’ve received at your home address
o Be present to register
Juvenile Cardholder Requirements
- To register for a library card, juveniles ages 13-18 must complete a registration form and present identification with current address or have the signature of a parent or legal guardian who presents identification with current address.
- To register for a library card, juveniles under the age of 13 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who presents identification with current address and takes responsibility for all activity on that library card.
- Be present to register
- The library is not responsible for library cards used by unauthorized persons. It is the responsibility of the cardholder to take care of his/her library card.
- If your library card is lost, please notify the library. There is a $1.00 replacement charge for all lost library cards.
- Books can be renewed a maximum of two times for the same amount of time as the original loan period, unless they have been requested by another patron. If an item has been requested by another patron, it cannot be renewed.
- Renewals can be made over the phone or online if an overdue notice has not been sent.
- A book drop is located outside the front door of the library for items to be returned when the library is closed. Do not put videos or DVDs in the book drop. You may be charged replacement costs if a video or DVD is damaged after it is put in the bookdrop.
- New cardholders will be initially limited to two items checked out on their account, pending establishment of good standing.
- Copy Machine
Patrons can make their own black and white copies for $.25 per page at the library.
- Computer Print-outs
Any pages you print from the public computers cost $.25 per page for black and white prints and $.50 per page for color prints. The library has two black and white laser printers and one color laser printer available for public use.
- Microfilm Prints
Print-outs from the library’s collection of microfilmed materials are available for $.25 per page.
Please contact the library for more information about our policies.