Donating to our Library
- Serves as a tribute to a friend, relative, or special person. Commemorates a special occasion. Serves as a lasting memorial.
- Enables the library to acquire needed materials.
You may specify that we use your donation for certain items such as books,audio/visual materials, magazine subscriptions, furniture, equipment, the Building Fund, or general library use.
Gifts of books or other materials that are not appropriate to the Coudersport Public Library’s Materials Selection Policy may not be added to the collection.
We will acknowledge your donation by:
- sending a card to the individual or their family notifying them a gift or memorial has been made by you “in memory/honor of [name]”.
- sending a letter thanking you for your donation.
- placing a bookplate in the material listing both the name of the person in whose memory or honor the donation was made, and that of the donor. A plaque is affixed to furniture, paintings, or equipment.
Memorial and gift guidelines:
Any donation amount is very gratefully accepted. The following is a guideline for the average cost of each item.
Book (adult) $25 – $50
Book (child) $15 – $30
Audio Book $25 – $50
DVD $20 – $25
Art Print $100 and up
Magazine Subscription $30-$50/year
How to make a Memorial Contribution:
Make a contribution in person at the library
Mail a donation to:
Coudersport Public Library
502 Park Avenue
Coudersport, PA 16915
Please include the following information with your donation:
Your contact information (name, address, and phone number)
The name of the person being honored and contact information for this person or this person’s family.
Please let us know if you would like your donation to be used for a specific program, or item, or general use such as a subject, or type of material. You can also designate the funds to be put in our building/ renovation funds or our general library funds.